Sunday, August 01, 2010

Re-Awakening

There have been some requests for the re-opening of this blog. Much of this is due to a lively discussion on another blog, where someone had made some harsh judgmental statements that were not well-received by virtually everyone that read them. In my view, those statements did not line up with the God I have come to know over the years.

After reading this person's erroneous doctrinal statements (on an array of theological issues) for months on end, I couldn't contain any longer. I had to respond and attempt to correct the errors in her prose. Naturally the person wasn't too receptive to having her views subject to debate and behaved in a negative way. So now I am an idiot, a false prophet, a loner, and am probably headed straight for hell.

In this process, I am afraid it set off a firestorm of debate that may have sullied the blog where this all took place a bit. For my part in that, I apologize.

The rules here are the same as before.

I will try to put up some thought provoking posts on a weekly basis, the purposes of which are not to alienate or judge anyone's personal beliefs. I am merely telling what I have come to believe about specific issues and how I arrived at them. The reader and/or discussion participant is then free to accept/reject my thoughts and opinions, but they are not allowed to become nasty and judgmental, like the person I had the recent discussion with at the other blog.

A similar nasty-spirited, haughty and narrow-minded person played a huge part in my allowing PPTOG to go dormant, earlier. Rest assured, I won't allow that to happen THIS time.

No one will be allowed to abuse anyone else. If the only reason you are responding is to condemn others to hell, just stay away and do not comment. I do not want you here. If you want to add your two-cents worth in a kind and gentle manner, then your comments are very welcome. I do not care if you agree with me or others or not, I will not have this turned into a nastyfest.

I know how utterly rigid some denominations are in their teachings. But it is not a sin to question age old tenets that may not line up with what scripture says on a given subject, or what we know the nature of God to be. These doctrines were debated long before our time and well after Christ died and ascended into Heaven. So why is it so bad to have these discussions today?.

I have read many books on theology, many of which have been a huge waste of my time.... in that they perpetuate more errors than they attempt to correct. Others are filled with the same old baby food that Christians have been dining on for centuries, they do not contain any strong meat for growth and development. Very few modern Christian writers understand God any more deeply, than a lot of the previous generations.

My purpose in PPTOG is to give readers that claim Christianity as their faith, a chance to read into something a bit deeper and maybe from a different perspective, a chance to add something more substantive to their thoughts and reflections.

We all know how God's love is eternal, no argument there. We know that God is a sovereign God, but what does that really mean for us in the earth today? Everyone talks about the end days, but what does that mean for us at this critical moment in time? Much of these things have already been discussed in the Bible and many may be surprised to learn what they mean, if given the opportunity to chew on these things for a little while.


As I have said earlier, it is not my desire to convert anyone to my way of thinking, but to give people another viewpoint to think about. That's all.

These are just a few of the topics I hope to cover as time goes on.

So, I hope you will check it out and participate if you feel the desire.


5 comments:

Z said...

"a lively discussion ON ANOTHER BLOG" ANOTHER BLOG? ANOTHER BLOG? Heh heh!!

Okay, okay...I just couldn't help tease you and it DOES seem highly inappropriate after calming my brain down again and reading past the above....but I am SO GLAD you opened this blog again and look forward to more 'lively discussions'...

on that "OTHER BLOG", too !! :-)

Anonymous said...

So, I hope you will check it out and participate if you feel the desire.

Is this a paid position?

LA Sunset said...

Well, Z, I may not be too popular after I write some things here. I hope you will still want to be seen here. ;)

LA Sunset said...

//Is this a paid position?//

No.

Z said...

"no". HAA!!

I'll take my chances re wanting to be seen here! :-) Try to get rid of me!